My daughter is my greatest inspiration
1. If you had to eat one thing for every meal going forward, what would you eat?
Muesli! [laughter] I had never had it before I came to the Netherlands, but it’s great for someone like me, who likes to do sports and eat healthy. In fact I was an aerobics teacher back in Syria!
2. Where do you most hope to visit?
Japan! I am very practical, like the Japanese, so I would like to visit the country. I would also like to go to Sydney and Santiago someday, because I have family there.
3. What’s your dream job?
Being a big business man!
4. What is your most-used emoji?
5. If you were a fairy and could give one talent to a child, what would it be?
Being good at every sport – I think it’s very important for children. And good thinking!
1. Could you tell us a bit about your background and what you are working on at Refugees Forward?
I’m from Aleppo, in Syria, and I had a small seeds company there. I have a master’s degree in agriculture engineering, and I have more than 30 years of experience in the industry! Now I have started my own company here in the Netherlands – Holland Leading Agriculture. We export and import agricultural material, mostly seeds for flowers and vegetables, and also deal with agricultural tools and decorative plants. I have recently registered at the KvK, so HLA is now officially a company!
2. What motivates you in life?
Currently it is learning. I want to do well in this country, and connect with other companies in the industry I work in.
3. What did you learn from the people involved in this program?
I gained a lot of knowledge about trading and I met a lot of great people. Not just the ones in the program, but also through them I made many connections.
4. Do you have any key figures in life that inspired or deeply influenced you?
My daughter is my greatest inspiration. She’s 17 and very clever. She always tells me that I am strong and motivates me to be better.
5. Why did you join RF?
I was looking for a commerce or trading program and found RF, and I thought it was a great learning opportunity.
6. If you picture your perfect future in 5 years from now, what does it look like?
I see myself continuing to work on my business and gaining even more experience. I want to be a big business man – not only in the Netherlands but in Europe!